Equality's Adult Education Program
In 2015, Errol Olton joined Caitlin Franco, Executive Director, in launching a community education program in The Bronx, New York. Programs increased career and health outocmes of underserved communities.
Thus far, that impact has extended to over 500 community lives.
- High School Diploma partnership with CUNY Bronx Community College
- Other workshops include: Interview, resume, and business skills
- 100% Proficiency in intermediate computer skills
- 80% Pass rate in basic computer skills
Family Education WOrkshops
- Fitness and nutrition classes
- Other classes include Financial Literacy, Defensive Driving, and Teen Safety
"Equality has allowed me to take the next step in my Career...I needed this Diploma to assist me in moving forward in my life!" - Lynford, Program Participant
Our Adult Education Program supports parents, guardians, and community members to strengthen families and expand their career horizons!
Lynford, recently migrating from Jamaica, arrived in our community seeking better opportunities for his family. He struggled to find quality options which would help him earn a well paying job to support his household.
Earlier this year, Lynford enrolled in our free High School Diploma program, in collaboration with CUNY Bronx Community College. We are extremely proud to announce that Lynford has earned his High School Diploma and enrolled in college to pursue an Electronic Engineering Technology Degree!
It is through your ongoing support of our School that we are able to change many New York City lives, such as we did for Lynford.